WGI International Checklist of
Nymphaea (Waterlily) Cultivars
Click images to enlarge
1) Cultivar Name (Epithet):
Nymphaea ‘Tropic Sunset’
2) Hardy or tropical: Tropical 3) Day or night bloomer: Day
4) Originator: Florida Aquatic Nurseries, Inc. 5) Year of origin: 2009
6) Address: Removed to protect privacy
7) Nominant (Named by): Florida Aquatic Nurseries, Inc.
8) Address (if different from above):
9) Introducer: Florida Aquatic Nurseries, Inc.
10) Address (if different from above):
11) Applicant: Florida Aquatic Nurseries, Inc.
12) Address (if different from above):
13) Phone: 14) Fax: 15) Email: Removed to protect privacy
16) As far as you know, has this name been published in a dated publication together with a description? Yes
17) If yes to 16, give details of the earliest publication (title, date, publisher, etc.): IWGS Journal Volume 24 #3
18) Has this cultivar been granted Patent or Plant Breeders' Rights, or is it being sold under a trade designation other than the name used here? No
19) If yes to any of the above, please give details:
20) Has a Standard been deposited in a recognized herbarium? No
21) If yes, please give details (where, when deposited, etc.):
ABOUT THE PLANT
Parentage: Seed (maternal) parent: Unnamed #3206
Please give following dimensions in centimeters.
Description Flower: Shape: Stellate
Diameter: 15 cm.
Sepal color, exterior: Fan 3 152A
Sepal color, interior: Fan 2 63C
Sepal number: 4
Petal number: 35
Stamen: Filament color: Fan 1 25C
Anther color: Fan 1 37B
Pedicel (flower stalk) color: Fan 3 152B
Pedicel pubescent (fuzzy)? No
Height above water: 30 cm.
Length x width: 30 x 19 cm.
Color, top: Fan 4 166 A with Fan 3 146 A splashes
Color, underside: Fan 3 146 C with maroon blushing
Petiole (leaf stem) color: Fan 3 152B
Petiole pubescent? No
Spread of plant (diameter): 180-240 cm.
What cultivar does this plant most closely resemble and how does it differ? N. ‘Albert Greenberg’. Flower color is similar.
Pads are maroon with lighter splashes. Lily is viviparous.
Unusual characteristics or comments: Autumn colored flowers with 35 + petals. Mottled pads mostly maroon with lighter splashes. Viviparous.