WGI International Checklist of
Nymphaea (Waterlily) Cultivars
Click images to enlarge
1) Cultivar Name (Epithet):
Nymphaea ‘Pink Passion’
2) Hardy or tropical: Tropical 3) Day or night bloomer: Day
4) Originator: Florida Aquatic Nurseries, Inc. 5) Year of origin: 1998
6) Address: Removed to protect privacy
7) Nominant (Named by): Florida Aquatic Nurseries, Inc.
8) Address (if different from above):
9) Introducer: Florida Aquatic Nurseries, Inc.
10) Address (if different from above):
11) Applicant: Florida Aquatic Nurseries, Inc.
12) Address (if different from above):
13) Phone: 14) Fax: 15) Email: Removed to protect privacy
16) As far as you know, has this name been published in a dated publication together with a description? Yes
17) If yes to 16, give details of the earliest publication (title, date, publisher, etc.):
Pondkeeper, Mar/Apr 2002
18) Has this cultivar been granted Patent or Plant Breeders' Rights, or is it being sold under a trade designation other than the name used here? No
19) If yes to any of the above, please give details:
20) Has a Standard been deposited in a recognized herbarium? No
21) If yes, please give details (where, when deposited, etc.):
ABOUT THE PLANT
Parentage: Seed (maternal) parent: Unknown
Pollen (paternal) parent: Unknown
Please give following dimensions in centimeters.
Colors from RHS Colour Charts.
Description ‑ Flower: Shape: Cup - open
Sepal color, exterior: Green
Sepal color, interior: 81D
Sepal number: 4
Petal color: 82B
Petal number: 48
Stamen: Filament color: 23B
Anther color: 22A
Tip color: 85B
Pedicel (flower stalk) color: Green
Pedicel pubescent (fuzzy)? No
Height above water: 25-35 cm.
Leaves: Shape: Nearly round
Length x width: 30 x 24 cm.
Color, top: Green
Color, underside: Green with red blush around margins
Petiole (leaf stem) color: Green
Petiole pubescent? No
Spread of plant (diameter): 150-240 cm.
What cultivar does this plant most closely resemble and how does it differ?
This plant mostly resembles N. capensis but differs because its flowers are much larger and color is different.
Unusual characteristics or comments:
This flower has a unique salmon pink color and has approximately 50 petals.