WGI International Registry of
Nymphaea (Waterlily) Cultivars
1) Cultivar Name (Epithet):
Nymphaea ‘Midnight Caprice’
2) Hardy or tropical: Tropical 3) Day or night bloomer: Daybloomer
4) Originator: Kuo Chang Wei 5) Year of origin: 2008
6) Address: Removed to protect privacy
7) Nominant (Named by): Kuo Chang Wei
8) Address (if different from above):
9) Introducer: Kuo Chang Wei
10) Address (if different from above):
11) Applicant: Kuo Chang Wei
12) Address (if different from above):
13) Phone: 14) Fax: 15) Email: Removed to protect privacy
16) As far as you know, has this name been published in a dated publication together with a description?
17) If yes to 16, give details of the earliest publication (title, date, publisher, etc.):
18) Has this cultivar been granted Patent or Plant Breeders' Rights, or is it being sold under a trade designation other than the name used here? No
19) If yes to any of the above, please give details:
20) Has a Standard been deposited in a recognized herbarium? No
21) If yes, please give details (where, when deposited, etc.):
ABOUT THE PLANT
Parentage: Seed (maternal) parent: Unnamed seedling
Pollen (paternal) parent: Unknown
Please give following dimensions in centimeters
Description ‑ Flower: Shape: Opens stellate, then flat
Diameter: 15-20 cm.
Sepal color, exterior: Light green
Sepal color, interior: Violet-blue
Sepal number: 4
Petal color: Deep violet-blue
Petal number: 155-165 including petaloid stamens
Stamen: Deep violet blue
Anther color: NA
Tip color: NA
Pedicel (flower stalk) color: Brown, green near flower
Pedicel pubescent (fuzzy)? No
Height above water: 30 cm.
Leaves: Shape: Oval
Length x width: 25 x 25 cm.
Color, top: Bright green
Color, underside: Violet
Petiole (leaf stem) color: Bronze to purple
Petiole pubescent? No
Spread of plant (diameter): 180 cm.
What cultivar does this plant most closely resemble and how does it differ?
Characteristics similar to N. 'King of Siam'
Unusual characteristics or comments: