WGI International Checklist of
Nymphaea (Waterlily) Cultivars
Click images to enlarge
1) Cultivar Name (Epithet):
2) Hardy or tropical: Tropical 3) Day or night bloomer: Day
4) Originator: Florida Aquatic Nurseries, Inc. 5) Year of origin: 1998
6) Address: Removed to protect privacy
7) Nominant (Named by): Florida Aquatic Nurseries, Inc.
8) Address (if different from above):
9) Introducer: Florida Aquatic Nurseries, Inc.
10) Address (if different from above):
11) Applicant: Florida Aquatic Nurseries, Inc.
12) Address (if different from above):
13) Phone: 14) Fax: 15) Email: Removed to protect privacy
16) As far as you know, has this name been published in a dated publication together with a description? Yes
17) If yes to 16, give details of the earliest publication (title, date, publisher, etc.):
Water Gardening Magazine, p. 16, Jan/Feb 1998
18) Has this cultivar been granted Patent or Plant Breeders' Rights, or is it being sold under a trade designation other than the name used here? No
19) If yes to any of the above, please give details:
20) Has a Standard been deposited in a recognized herbarium? No
ABOUT THE PLANT
Parentage: Seed (maternal) parent: N. ‘Paul Stetson’
Pollen (paternal) parent: Unknown
Please give following dimensions in centimeters.
Colors from RHS Colour Charts.
Diameter: 5-10 cm.
Sepal color, exterior: 146B
Sepal color, interior: 157A with 144B edges
Sepal number: 4
Petal color: 155B
Petal number: 26
Stamen: Filament color: 12A
Anther color: 158A
Tip color: 155D
Pedicel (flower stalk) color: 200C
Pedicel pubescent (fuzzy)? No
Height above water: 15-20 cm.
Leaves: Shape: Ovate, nearly round
Margin: Mildly denate
Length x width: 21 x 20 cm.
Lobes: Curl upward slightly, tips sharply pointed
Color, top: 146A
Color, underside: 146C-166B
Petiole (leaf stem) color: 200D
Petiole pubescent? No
Spread of plant (diameter): 50-150 cm.
What cultivar does this plant most closely resemble and how does it differ?
Unusual characteristics or comments:
N. ‘Josephine’ can be kept in a very small container (8-10 cm.) and still perform well.